10 Journaling Prompts for Mother's Day
Mother’s Day can be a day filled with mixed emotions for many! Our relationship to our mothers and motherhood is loaded with memories of our own personal experiences. This time of year can be joyful for some and difficult or complex for others.
As Mother’s Day can be a time of year that prompts lots of different feelings and memories for everyone, we’ve come up with 10 journaling prompts to reflect on Mother's Day and motherhood. Plus, a few inspiring quotes for your journal.
10 Journaling Prompts for Mother's Day:
1. What feelings does Mother's Day bring up for you?
Is there a way that you can celebrate your mother or being a mother? Or, if Mother's Day brings up challenging feelings for you, is there something caring that you can do for yourself on Mother's Day?
(Mother's Day Bujo by @inkredible_mel via Instagram)
2. What is your most treasured memory of a mother you know? Choose from own mum or a mother-like figure in your life, or a friend or family member that is a mother.
3. What are 3 things that you are grateful that your mother has done (or not done) for you? ie. given you lots of support, or not put too much pressure on you, or made you a more resilient person?
4. What is your best memory of motherhood? As a mother yourself, or caring for a friend, family member or special pet in a motherly way.
(Mother's Day Bujo by @banus_journal via Instagram)
5. How has your mother shaped you as a person? Do you notice any similarities or differences? Do you know their favourite things? Or did you not know your mother and this has shaped you in a different way?
6. What does motherhood mean to society vs what does motherhood mean to you? Do you challenge the identity or pressures of motherhood, or do you feel connected to a traditional view of motherhood?
(Mother's Day bujo via @clueless_about_art on Instagram)
7. If you could say anything to your mother, what would it be? Is this something that you could say in person, or something that you wouldn't be able to say? If it's not something you're able to say, is there someone else that you can tell? Can you write a letter to your mother in your journal? Or can you put this message out into the universe in a different way?
8. What life lessons have you learnt from your mother? How can you keep or alter these life lessons through your actions and values?
9. What qualities do you appreciate in yourself as a mother or motherly figure to friends, family members or pets?
10. What are 3 ways that you can celebrate and protect mother nature today? Mother nature is our first mother! Do you feel connected to nature in a caring way? What do you most treasure about the environment?
(Mother's Day Bujo Spread by @kr.plans via Instagram)
10 Quotes About Motherhood:
1. “My daughter introduced me to myself.” – Beyoncé Knowles
2. “My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better person it makes you on a daily basis.” – Drew Barrymore
3. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
4. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
5. “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.” –Ani DiFranco
(Mother's Day Bujo Spread via @sdionbakerdesign on Instagram)
6. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” ―
7. “No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.” ―
8. “It came, over and over, down to this: What made someone a mother? Was it biology alone, or was it love?” ―
(Mother's Day Bullet Journal Spread Via @bec.writes on Instagram )
9. “Be a full person. Motherhood is a glorious gift, but do not define yourself solely by motherhood. Be a full person. Your child will benefit from that.”
1. A Puzzle
Puzzles are a great way to wind down and practice mindfulness or can be a fun activity to do with a partner or family member as a way to connect. Puzzles always make great gifts, plus we have the prettiest puzzles in stock, you can frame them once you finish!
Shop our range of Puzzles here!
2. A Colouring or Drawing Book
Our beautiful range of colouring and drawing books are sure to spark creativity and inspire! Colouring or drawing are both ways to practice mindfulness and shift your focus to the present. Add on some colouring pencils or brush pens for the perfect gift combo!
Shop Colouring and Drawing Books here!
3. A Guided Journal
Guided journals are a thoughtful gift that keeps on giving with all of the activities inside their pages. We have a super fun range of guided journals that can help with reflection, finding gratitude, goal setting and habit changing. Use a guided journal to save time on journaling, with prompts that will help you along the way. For those who love to read, this stunning new reading journal from The Quirky Cup Collective is perfect!
Shop Guided Journals here!
4. A Tote Bag
These Blue Q tote bags make great gifts! They're made from 95% recycled materials and come in a range of fun designs. We love how much you can fit inside! They make great every day bags, beach bags, pool bags, gym bags, library bags, shopping bags etc...
Shop Blue Q Tote Bags here!
5. A Planner
You can never have too many planners! We have so many gorgeous planners with the prettiest covers, perfect for planning appointments, daily to-do lists and staying organised!
Shop Planners here!
6. A Gift Voucher
Need a last minute gift for Mother's Day? The gift of a stationery shopping spree is the ultimate gift, of course!!! Who else would love this?
Shop Gift Vouchers here!
Thanks for tuning in! Visit our website for more gift ideas, like these stunning Bonbi Forest notepads and washi tapes!
Halloween is the best time of year to delve into your inner witch and add a spooky twist to your journaling. Add witchy washi tapes, spooky stickers and devilish doodles to your journals! Here are some Halloween-themed journal prompts to let your creative imagination run wild.
Have you ever wanted to host a stationery party? Hosting a stationery party can be a fun and creative way to bring people together and celebrate the joy of all things stationery-related. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to host a memorable stationery party.Read now